Thursday, March 14, 2013

Random Pasta Dish

I found the original recipe for Grilled Pasta Packets on the Tasty Kitchen website. But my laziness was kicking in and didn't want to mess with the grill and foil and all that stuff, so I made it into a skillet meal and we were quite happy with it. Grilling it might be fun on a camping trip or over the summer for something different.

It rated 4 out of 5 thumbs up in my family. That missing star always seems to be my youngest. While she is almost always willing to try it, she doesn't always like it. She ended up adding pesto to her spaghetti and was happy. We don't care much for goat cheese, so I used Parmesan instead. The only other change I would make for next time is to add some sort of protein, some diced chicken or sweet italian sausages or something.

Here is my modified version:

Random Spaghetti Skillet (originally Grilled Pasta Packets)

  • 1 pound Whole Grain Spaghetti Noodles, Cooked
  • 6 whole Roma Tomatoes Seeded And Chopped
  • 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Coarsely Chopped
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ¼ teaspoons Fresh Ground Black Pepper
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
  • 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 whole Lemon, Cut Into 6 Wedges
  • Shredded Parmesan Cheese for topping
In a skillet, saute garlic and olive oil. Add the basil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and stir. Add the cooked spaghetti and tomatoes and toss. Heat until the tomatoes are just warm. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment