Saturday, March 2, 2013

Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup

I made this tonight for Mexican Meatloaf and it was fabulous! I loved the fresh flavor, so much better than canned yuck. I plan on making several batches and freezing them. I also thing you could use this recipe as a base for Cream of Whatever soup.

Cream of Chicken - Add a teaspoon of chicken boullion and some finely diced cooked chicken

Beefy Mushroom - Add a teaspoon of beef boullion

Cream of Celery - Use diced celery instead of mushrooms, maybe saute them a bit to soften them

Cream of Onion - Use onions in place of the mushrooms. Definitely saute these first!

Get the point? I haven't actually tried any of the above ideas yet, but I can't imagine why they would work! I will update this post after I do a few experiments.

Here is a link to the original recipe! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment